Happy Devotional Monday guys!
I thought I would write about a verse that has helped me through this crazy stressful Monday. I have been so stressed out today for tiny little reasons, but I let them really get to me. Thankfully my laptop and phone both died at the same time (how funny is that). So, it was only then when I was able to stop and really think about what was going on. I opened my bible and read Isaiah 41:10. I let the promises in this verse comfort me and re-route my entire day! So hopefully it can provide some peace for your day too!
“Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be afraid, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you; I will help you;
I will hold on to you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
We do not have to worry…
There is no reason to worry. The one holding the outcome says to not worry twice in this verse. Why do you think that is? Because God did not instill us with the spirit of fear. Fear can actually drive us away from God. Anxiety is one of Satan’s biggest weapons on this earth. God also knows that worrying will not change the outcome, it will only tear us down. We must not let fear creep into our thoughts and into our lives. Focus on God and focus on the very real truth that He has a good and perfect purpose for everything.
Why do we not have to worry?
Just in this one verse God gives us five reasons we shouldn’t worry.
- He is with us no matter what. He does not stop being our God, He never takes a break from you. God will never look away or fall asleep on the job. He is constant and He is always there.
- He is our God! How great is it that we have a God who cares so much about us that He doesn’t want us to be afraid. He has so much power, yet He loves so deeply. God is in control of all of our lives. The fact that He is our God is reason enough for us to walk confidently unafraid each day.
- God gives us strength. Where we are weak, He is strong. Our strength is so limited, but with God all things are possible. So, we must not depend on our own strengths but trust that the one who can do all things will perform miracles in your life.
- He helps us through all struggles and hard decisions. Our mighty God is also our helper. He guides our feet onto the right path. By listening to that still small voice, we will know the way we’re supposed to go. His peace and comfort are abundant. Reach out for them!
- The God of the universe is holding us. He is holding us in His hand and He will not let go. No matter what is going on in our lives right now, if we have received salvation, we know God will never let us slip out of His hand. Our hope is eternal, the struggles in this life will be no more.